There are many different types of meditation, and it is likely that new ones are being developed all the time. Some common types of meditation include:
- Mindfulness meditation: This involves focusing on the present moment, without judgment.
- Loving-kindness meditation: This involves cultivating feelings of love and compassion for oneself and others.
- Transcendental Meditation: This involves the use of a mantra to focus the mind.
- Visualization: This involves creating mental images in order to focus the mind.
- Loving-kindness meditation: This involves focusing on feelings of love and compassion towards oneself and others.
- Chakra meditation: This involves focusing on the energy centers in the body.
- Zazen: This is a type of Zen meditation that involves sitting in a specific posture and focusing on the breath.
There are many other types of meditation as well, including but not limited to: kundalini meditation, tantric meditation, and Taoist meditation.